'Yoga for the Rest of Us: Easy Yoga for Diabetes'
(Peggy Cappy / DVD / NR / 2016 / PBS)
Overview: In this new routine, Peggy Cappy demonstrates her signature yoga approach in a daily workout for people struggling with diabetes or pre-diabetes.
DVD Verdict: Divided into 7 separate segments, the exercises found here on 'Yoga for the Rest of Us: Easy Yoga for Diabetes' can be done at home, all at once in just over an hour, or 1 segment at a time. A growing body of research suggests that yoga can be helpful for people living with diabetes and/or at risk for it, paired, paired, of course, with the right diet.
Running at 78 minutes on the one (1) DVD, 'Yoga for the Rest of Us: Easy Yoga for Diabetes' for over 40 years, Peggy Cappy has been teaching yoga to students of all ages and abilities. In this new set of routines, Cappy demonstrates her signature yoga approach in a daily workout for people struggling with diabetes or pre-diabetes. Divided into seven (7) separate instructional segments, the exercises can be done at home, all at once in just over an hour, or one segment at a time:
1) Standing / Seated - Breathing and Stretching Warm-Ups
2) Reclining / Seated - For Hips and Lower Back
3) Reclining / Seated - Additional Stretches for Hips, Back and Thighs
4) Side Lying / Seated - Sequences for Hips, Back and Thighs
5) On the Belly / Seated - Poses for the Back, Chest, and Torso
6) Standing / Seated - Yoga Pose Flow / 3 Versions
7) Reclining / Seated - Body Scan Relaxation
This is a Widescreen Presentation (1.78:1) enhanced for 16x9 TVs and comes with these Bonus Workout Segments included:
Alternate Nostril Breathing
Stimulating Circulation in the Hands
Stimulating Circulation in the Feet
Bonus One-Hour Documentary!