Title - 'Holidaze in Lumania'
Artist - Barnes & Barnes
Cult icons Barnes & Barnes return with their first album of all-new original material in over a decade!
The demented duo who brought you the Dr. Demento Show's #1 most-requested song of all-time, the classic novelty hit 'Fish Heads', take on the holidays with their brand new release, Holidaze in Lumania (out now via Demented Punk Records.
Featuring 15 all-new bizarre comedy songs centered on Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza and beyond, trust me when I say you have to hear this album to believe it!
1. 'Christmas in Lumania' (3:12)
2. 'Down by Candy Cane Lane' (2:55)
3. 'Horny at the Holidays' (3:09)
4. 'Hanukkah at our House' (2:38)
5. 'Kwanzaa's Here Again' (2:37)
6. 'Why Mommy, Why Do You Cry?' (3:01)
7. 'Santa's Gone on Strike' (2:01)
8. 'It's Christmas Time and I Am Not with You' (2:56)
9. 'Jesus is Groovy' (1:46)
10. 'I've Got Some Presents for Santa' (2:32)
11. 'The Angel of Death is Near' (1:56)
12. 'I am a Flying Reindeer' (4:13)
13. 'Christmas is Coming Better Start Running' (1:51)
14. 'Santa Claus is a Martian' (3:03) - EXCLUSIVE BONUS TRACK
15. 'Silent Night, Holy Newt' (2:02)
The album kicks of in some fine style with the sing-along acoustic ballad 'It's Christmas in Lumania,' and backs that up with the infectious backbeat of 'Down by Candy Cane Lane' ("My girlfriend's quite a looker, that's why she's a hooker"), the trippy psych of 'Horny at the Holidays,' and then both the flatulence-noted 'Hanukkah at Our House,' and the gentle sway of 'Kwanzaa's Here Again.'
The interesting storytelling found within 'Why Mommy, Why Do You Cry?' will have you thinking about things from your own past, whilst both the melodic 'Santa's Gone on Strike' ("He's been shot at. He's been tasered. And most the elves he hates") and the rather lovely hipsway of 'It's Christmas Time and I Am Not with You' follow neatly along.
The short but sweet 'Jesus Is Groovy' is up next and is backed by the atmospheric 'I've Got Some Presents for Santa,' and then the cry for help of 'The Angel of Death Is Near' is followed by the psych rock of 'I Am a Flying Reindeer.'
This quite magnificent album then rounds out with 'Christmas Is Coming Better Start Running,' the CD Bonus Track of 'Santa Claus is a Martian,' and then comes to a close with a very, oh-so very creepy 'Silent Night, Holy Newt.'
FYI: As noted above, CD and vinyl editions of this incredible new album include an exclusive bonus track NOT available digitally or anywhere else!
Official CD + LP Purchase Links